Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another Second Chance


'Tis late this night you visit me

I lay upon my bed
Perplexed as how you know the time
I sink as molten lead

My mountain turns to rubble
'neath the overcasting sky
The weight doth clinch my beating heart
my lash embrace mine eye

The hope that once enveloped me
I long to taste her lips
That freedom, flight, eternal bliss
the raging torrent barely drips

Into the cup, that broken glass
that gleamed in sun, eternal shine
That glory that I once did know
that glory that's no longer mine

The manic, frenzied, bullet pace
Doth slow to grinding 'thought a trace

And there you stand...lovely...bidding me come dance.

Todd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you waiting for? :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have another to share?

Toddero said...

I do...thanks so much for your comments...I think I have to work on being more consistent.